Thursday, January 28, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/29/2010: Value

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/29/2010: If you found a garage sale item of value, and the seller didn’t know, would you let them in on the information, or just buy it yourself?

Actually, I would just buy it. And I was glad to know that this is considered okay from an article in REAL SIMPLE.

Per Jeffrey L. Seglin who writes THE RIGHT THING, a weekly ethics column for the New York Times News Service/Syndicate, he writes that you are under no obligation to inform the seller. He states, “One of the beauties of yard sales is such finds. Savor yours.”

I know when I have a garage/yard sale, I’m just trying to get something for things I’d throw away. And when I do stop at a yard sale, I’m trying to buy something I want and need for a cheaper price than I can find anywhere else.

While I probably wouldn’t recognize anything of real value, I am happy with what I purchase. I just look for things I personally find attractive to myself, or items that I might use in a project. If have something I’m selling, and I thought it might be valuable, I would do a little research before offering it for sale.


Check out my website at: http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com/ (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment