Saturday, January 16, 2010

Journal-Lane Journal Question for 1/17/2010-profession

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/17/2010: What profession did you want to do when you grew up? What did you DO when you grew up?

I really didn’t give much thought to what I wanted to be when I grew up. Back in my childhood days, most women became wives and mothers.

I did go into a profession I never thought possible. I went into accounting!

This is very funny because I took accounting/bookkeeping in high school, and barely got through the class. My teacher even enticed another student to help me … so I could get through the class with a passing grade.

I started off as a secretary in the world of work. I had taken shorthand, typing and pretty much business classes. I did NOT want to go to college.

While I never disliked school, I didn’t want to add more years to learning. I wanted to get out in the world … and do it!

My husband eventually ran a business of his own, and I worked for him for a lot of years. And I had a few small businesses here and there on the side. That meant I had to learn accounting, which was fine, as I did the bills at home.

I’ve been a bookkeeper ever since.

I even had a chance “internet” meeting with the person in high school who helped me through my accounting classes. He was shocked to find out my field.

But, alas, we all grow up. And I’m usually pretty good at learning what I WANT to learn.


Check out my website at: http://www.EasyAsPieDailyGraphics.com (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://HomeSpunGraphics.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment