Saturday, January 9, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/10/2010-Camping

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/10/2010: Do you like to go camping during the summer? If not, is there something else you do in the summer that you like? Why do you like it? Or, why don’t you like it?

When I was a child, my dad loved camping and fishing. I did like fishing, and one day, he bought a boat, so he could go fishing while we camped.

As a child, I went because I had to go. I didn’t like putting up tents, and washing dishes in cold water. I didn’t like the bugs either. I thought I’d like the boat.

We bought skis, and everyone learned to ski … except me. The one time I finally got to a standing position on the skis, the toes of my skis crossed and down I went. It was awful.

When I was a teen, my dad learned to swap me out for his brother’s son. My two sisters still went camping, and they took my cousin, while I stayed with my aunt. For a short time, she had a girl, and my dad had a boy! A win-win for everyone.

When I married, I loved camping!!! Why? It was in a motor home! No tents, no washing dishes in cold water, a bathroom and shower in our own little home on wheels, and you could escape inside to avoid most of the bugs. And a real stove and refrigerator. We even had our own little private bedroom and bed, and each kid had a real bed to sleep in, too!

And that’s when I finally learned … to like camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment