Monday, January 11, 2010

1/11/2010: Journal-Lane Question for 1/12-Outside Activities-Dancing

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/12/2010:( : What outside activities did you learn to do while you were school age? Play an instrument? Dance? Karate? Choose one or two and write about it.

About the 5th grade, I took up jazz ballet. I really wanted to do toe.

Classes were being offered at my school, after school.

My teacher was “Miss Betty”. She was pretty, and very petite. I adored her. We had class once a week.

My favorite times were when we had recitals. I loved the costumes and all the girls gathering to get dressed in our tutus and tights. It was a very “girly-girly” time in my life. I enjoyed performing.

I always wanted to take tap, too. But, it was extra money, and extra time away from home, and I was told to choose one.

Tap classes were offered just before my class began. I always tried to go early, and we were allowed to go in and watch. My classmate and friend, took both tap and ballet. She was in my ballet class when she finished tap.

My friend was cool. She often let me try on her tap shoes, and taught me steps she’s learned.

After three years, I dropped my dancing classes, but I never dropped my love for dancing. As a teenager, my neighborhood girlfriends and I would borrow an older girl’s phonograph and records. Can you imagine such generosity today? She lived next door. (She was much older than we were.)

We’d plug it up through the door at my house, and my friends and I would dance for hours in our driveway. My best friend, who lived across the street, had an older sister. This older sister was a clever girl and always knew the latest dances. She taught us. We had such wonderful summers … dancing in the heat of the day.

And on Wednesday nights, our little local town held dances in the park area where the swimming pool was. Off we’d go … to dance until we could dance no more!

When the disco era came, I got into that. We took private and group lessons, and went dancing weekly.

Later, I taught my own dance-exercise classes for moms, after working for another group for awhile. That led into country-line dancing for several years.

Any way you look it … I loved to dance.

Don’t do it much anymore. Such a shame! It was so much fun!!!


Check out my website at: http://www.EasyAsPieDailyGraphics.com (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://HomeSpunGraphics.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment