Thursday, January 14, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/15/2010

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/15/2010: What’s the most unusual request a person has ever made of you? Did you do it?

The most unusual request of me came from a student while I was teaching my dance-exercise classes.

Her company was giving out Christmas gifts as usual, but this year, they wanted to do something special for their biggest clients. Her idea was to ask me to dress up and perform a dance to a Christmas song before they gave out their enormous gift basket.

I choreographed a routine to Brenda Lee’s “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”, and dressed up as a large doll. My friend had a full-sized rag doll, with the straps around the feet, and she lent it to me. While I did not use the foot straps, I did use the doll as my partner in the routine. At the end of the routine, I tossed the doll up and into the crowds, where everyone tried to catch it.

I went to about 4 companies and performed. I felt safe incognito as a doll. It was a lot of fun.

The companies enjoyed the uniqueness of it.

And the best part was, I got paid $100 for doing something I love.


Check out my website at: http://www.EasyAsPieDailyGraphics.com (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://HomeSpunGraphics.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment