Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/21/20-gifts

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/21/2010: It’s gift time. You are buying or receiving a gift. How do you choose your gift for the person that you are giving it to? Why?

Personally, I like to give gifts of money. It is more convenient, and while it may not always be as much as I’d like to give, no one is ever going to “regift” it or take it back. So the receiver will be pleased, and it was really easy for me.

I tend to stay away from gift cards. The main reason is that it limits where you shop, and may have to be used by a certain time.

Also, I see it as a problem if you don’t use the full amount. I’m sure there are many cards with a small amount on them that never get totally spent. That’s money in the pockets of vendors. (REAL SIMPLE magazine stated in the Feb. 10 issue that 5 billion is the amount of money unredeemed on gift cards each year!!!) No way!

I have had money left on cards before, but I always put it in my wallet like cash. Then if I’m shopping at, say Wal-Mart with the Wal-Mart gift card, I have it scanned at the beginning of my grocery shopping visit, to clear out the card and reduce my final money layout. I use up every last penny!

If I’m receiving a gift, money is always welcome.

If it’s a gift card, I prefer it to be at a hobby store, such as Michael’s, where I usually like to spend money, but don’t do it as often as I would like. If it’s a Wal-Mart card, it does help toward ink for my printer, and that’s how I usually spend that.

You really kind of have to investigate what interests your receiving party has, and try to aim in that direction, I think.

Casual gifts appreciated by women can be some type of jewelry, too. And, if a man likes sweaters, they’re terrific to give.


Check out my website at: http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com/ (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment