Friday, January 8, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/9/2010

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/9/2010: How did you make money as a kid?

I started babysitting when I was about 9 years old. But, I wasn’t really babysitting per say, as the parents were just next door playing cards with the neighbors, and the kids were in bed when I arrived there. I was more like a “watcher” and “listener”, in case the kids woke up.

But, I was paid for this, and as I got older, the job turned into a good little money-maker. I was able to purchase almost anything I wanted, or needed, just by babysitting.

Into my teenage years, I also started cooking apple pies and blackberry pies. There were lots of apple trees and blackberry bushes where I lived, and my girlfriends and I took their wagon and some paper bags and picked them.

I also took in ironing … and that is why I am glad we don’t have to iron most clothes today!

No comments:

Post a Comment