Monday, February 1, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 1/31/2010: Honesty/Team Work

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

1/31/2010: If you’re part of a group effort, and your boss tells you what a great job you did on a project, would you accept the compliment, even when you knew you did not add a lot to the project, and someone else did? Would you offer that information to your boss on who did most of the work?

I would NOT take credit for something I didn’t do.

I might say thanks, and that the team did a great job pulling together, but “so and so” was really the instrument that made it such a success.

I believe in honesty … even when it hurts a little. Sometimes, it hurts a lot.

But in the long run, I think it pays off to be honest. Your boss will see you, hopefully, for the person you really are. And your co-workers will know they can trust you to place credit where credit is due.

If you’re lucky, your honesty will be contagious!


Check out my website at: http://www.EasyAsPieDailyGraphics.com (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://HomeSpunGraphics.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment