Monday, February 1, 2010

Journal-Lane Question for 2/2/2010: The Letter B

Ponder this question for today. Write it down in a journal to pass on to family members once you're gone.

You can post it here, or in your own journal book.

Have a great day.

2/2/2010: There are 26 letters of the alphabet. This month, let’s take the first 26 days, and choose a word/words to describe something about you to fit the day’s letter. Today is B.

B is for “book-lover”. Anyone that really knows me knows how much I love books.

When I was young, and raising my children, one of my favorite places was the library. And I knew how to use the old catalog system. And I loved, “a bag of books for a $1” when the library had their sales to clear out old books.

A great excursion for me was a trip to the bookstore. It still is. I can investigate there for hours until I finally decide on my purchase/s.

I have one bookcase in my office, and it is teeming with books. Mostly on art. But I also have books on diets, the Zone, South Beach, etc. Recipes. I also have math or algebra from when I taught my daughter through homeschooling. I love Saxon Algebra books.

I have an old book from my high school years on Accounting Principles. And, surprising, I have lots of coloring books. I love cartoons and love to draw those, so they are there for reference seeking.

I have a few crochet books on the shelf since I used to crochet a lot, but developed an allergy to sizing additives in the yarn, and had to give it up. I have an old “Airbrush” book, but no longer have the airbrush itself.

And, of course, it would be naked without a few “Dummies” books. I have some of those as well.

Every now and then, I have to clean out my bookcase to make way for the newly purchased, died to have, book. That’s agony for me. I either have to donate them or store them. I still have a few boxes of books stored, that I couldn’t bear to part with, but will probably never use again.

Books teach. They tell a great story. Books are my buddies! I just love books! Books make me better and stretch my world. I couldn’t imagine a world … without BOOKS!

Check out my website at: http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com/ (3 new free graphics each day) and my other blog at: http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment